Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dog eating Coyotes

So in our local area we have coyotes. Nothing new to wildlife I suppose, however we don't live out in the plains of Arizona here. It's pretty marshy and wet most of the year with the exception of drought season.

So I hear through the grape vine that people are getting there dogs eaten by these coyotes. Well what did you expect? As we take the coyotes land away, the are left with less to hunt. So your dogs become prey. It only makes sense in a survival instincts kind of way.

So I also now hear that people are walking around with guns to protect themselves and their dogs. Well...a coyotes is fast. Chances are you will miss and end up hitting something else. Also, what happens if a police officer finds you with a non-permitted weapon? What then?

Personally I think that if you took out a bat, stick, golf club, or other long blunt type object, you should be fine. No need for a gun. I would say defend yourself as best you can. Coyotes are more afraid of us then we are them, that is true no matter how you look at it. Then call your local catching service to see what they can do for you.

You can subscribe to my posts by clicking here SUBSCRIBE

Please leave a comment, I appreciate them!

1 comment:

Zimbo85 said...

So true, too many ppl just want another reason to carry gun around with them...